Kanan Road Tunnel T2 and T3 Tunnel Lining Project
Agoura Hills, CA
- OWNER: Los Angeles County
- CONTRACT VALUE: $7,181,000
- NTP / START: October 2012
- COMPLETION: October 2013
- WORK DESCRIPTION:
Kanan Road provides a connection between Highway 101 and the Pacific Coast Highway from Agoura Hills to Malibu, CA. There are three pairs of tunnels along the route. The existing tunnels are partially lined with a steel liner system consisting of four flange corrugated liner plates between arched I-beams. The project involves installing new steel liner in the Tunnel T2 and T3 tunnel pairs where there is no existing liner to produce fully lined tunnels for greater tunnel stability.
The work includes blasting and painting 60,000 square feet of existing tunnel liner, installing 80,000 square feet of waterproofing system on the tunnel ceilings, erecting 1.3 million pounds of steel liner, and placing 4,300 cubic yards of 2,000 psi concrete to fill the space behind the newly erected tunnel liner.
News & Awards
- SCCI receives AGC National Construction Safety Excellence Award
- SCCI rising in latest ENR Top 400 Contractor rankings
- SCCI ranked #21 in ENR Top Contractors in CA (#5 Heavy Civil Contractor)
- Shimmick Construction Awarded 1st Place for Safety Excellence by AGC of CA
- SCCI and Shimmick/Obayashi JV featured in January/February Issue of California Constructor Magazine
- Shimmick Construction wins 2nd Place for safety at AGC National convention
- SCCI's Kanan Road Tunnel T2 and T3 Tunnel Lining project was recognized as a finalist for the Prestigious AGC of CA Constructor Award
- SCCI Ranked in 6 categories in ENR of California's Top Contractor Rankings
- SCCI Ranked in 7 categories nationally in ENR top 400 Contractors Specialty Rankings
- SCCI/Obayashi JV Diemer WTP and SCCI's Kanan Tunnel Lining Project winners of ENR CA's 2014 Best Projects in Southern CA
- SCCI Awarded First Place in three categories at AGC of CA's Safety Excellence Awards
- Shimmick recognized with 1st Place for Safety Excellence in the United States!
- SCCI ranks #22 in ENR California top Contractors and #6 in Transportation
- Shimmick Construction wins multiple safety awards at AGC of California Safety Excellence Awards